The cost of a liver transplant is mostly dictated by the patient's medical condition and the availability of a suitable donor liver. In Mumbai, it varies according to a number of factors such as the type of hospital, the doctor's skill, and so on.
A liver transplant is a surgical procedure that replaces a damaged or sick liver with a healthy liver from a living or deceased donor. It is usually used for those who have liver failure or conditions that cannot be addressed with standard drugs. There are various methods for doing a liver transplant.
The mere thought of a liver transplant, let alone the expense of a liver transplant, might be upsetting. Don't be concerned! We are here to assist you. Continue reading to learn how much a Liver Transplant costs in Mumbai.
Get Cost Estimate for Liver Transplant
How much Liver Transplant costs?
Liver Transplant cost in India starts from ₹1500000. Usually, the cost of Liver Transplant is different in various hospitals and centres depending upon multiple factors. The average cost of Liver Transplant is ₹2500000 while the price range can reach ₹3500000.
Liver Transplant Cost Overview
|Surgery Name||Liver Transplant|
About Liver Transplant
Liver Transplant is a surgical procedure to replace a diseased liver with a healthy liver. It is a life-saving procedure that save... Read More
Why Does Liver Transplant Cost Vary?
A variety of factors determine the cost of liver transplant in Mumbai. Check out the list of cost-influencing factors below.
- Consultation price: A highly skilled surgeon may charge more than a less skilled surgeon.
- The admission price varies depending on the location and kind of hospital.
- Type of Hospital: A private facility may charge more for a liver transplant than a government hospital.
- Patient's medical condition: A patient in poor health may require a lengthier hospital stay for complications, incurring higher expenditures and requiring extensive care.
- Age of the patient: An elderly patient may need more care and therefore the cost will be higher for them.When babies require liver transplants due to conditions such as biliary atresia and Wilson's disease, the procedure becomes more difficult and may require the use of more complex equipment.
- Diagnostic Tests: If a liver transplant is required, a variety of diagnostic testing are conducted, including laboratory tests such as liver function tests, kidney function tests, viral marker tests, CBC, and so on, as well as an ultrasound abdomen and PET scan.The cost of a liver transplant varies according to the type and number of tests performed.
- Type of operation (Deceased, Living, or Split Liver Transplant): The surgical procedure for a deceased donor transplant is frequently more complex than that for a living donor transplant, which can result in higher costs.A liver transplant is less expensive than a full liver transplant, which entails dividing a liver into two halves for two recipients. The cost of acquiring a single liver is shared by two people.A deceased donor transplant is sometimes more expensive than a living donor transplant due to the additional costs connected with discovering and securing a certified donor liver.
- Donor screening tests: The cost of a liver transplant is strongly impacted by the pre-surgery testing that the donor must undergo.Blood tests, X-rays, tumour evaluation, urine routine, psychological evaluation, and other procedures may be carried out.
- The type of accommodation selected: Charges for a private room with superior facilities for the donor and receiver will be more.
- Extra therapies: Some patients may need additional treatments before or after the transplant, including chemotherapy or immunosuppressive medications, which may raise the overall cost.
- Long-term medications: such as anti-rejection meds, may also have an influence on the cost of liver transplants in Mumbai.
Liver Transplant Cost Breakup in Mumbai
The cost of liver transplant in Mumbai may vary depending on additional expenditures such as pre-transplant testing, post-transplant care, and prescription fees. The table below lays out the expenses of Liver Transplant tests and other fees.
|Liver Transplant Expenses||Cost Breakup (INR)|
|Doctor Consultation Fee||₹ 600|
|Procedure Cost||₹ 1,500|
|Surgeon Fees||₹ 700|
|Anaesthetist Fees (applicable on surgical Liver Transplant only)||₹ 500|
|Diagnostic and Lab Tests||₹ 1000|
|OT charges (applicable on surgical Liver Transplant only)||₹ 5,000|
|Medicine Cost||₹ 5,000|
|Bed Charges (if surgical Liver Transplant is done)||₹ 2,000|
|Follow up|| |
Pre-transplant workup costs between 1 and 1.5 lacs.
The total cost of surgery and hospitalisation for both donor and recipient is between 14 and 23 lacs.
Liver Transplant Cost of Hospitals in Mumbai
The Liver Transplant costs of hospitals in Mumbai vary according to the physicians' expertise and skills, as well as the sort of medical facilities available in Mumbai.
There are various hospitals in Mumbai from which to pick the best care. Choose the top Liver Transplant hospitals in Mumbai from the closest locations.
|Hospital Name||Min & Max Cost||Average Price|
|SRCC Children's Hospital, Mumbai||₹15,00,000 - ₹30,00,000||₹22,50,000|
|Nanavati Max Superspeciality Hospital, Mumbai||₹15,00,000 - ₹30,00,000||₹22,50,000|
|SL Raheja - Fortis||₹15,00,000 - ₹30,00,000||₹22,50,000|
|Lilavati Hospital And Research Centre||₹15,00,000 - ₹30,00,000||₹22,50,000|
Insurance for Liver Transplant in Mumbai
Ayushman Bharat - Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY), often known as "Modicare," government health insurance programmes in Mumbai support liver transplants conducted in certified hospitals. This plan covers a wide range of serious diseases, including liver transplants. However, the scope and number of recognised hospitals vary by state.
It is recommended that you speak with your insurance company and the hospital ahead of time to understand the coverage and costs covered by your insurance.
HexaHealth provides great and dependable services for processing cashless medical claims and covering the cost of a liver transplant. Contact one of our top consultants to help you provide the most accessible and practical solutions in Mumbai.
The following are some frequently asked questions while dealing with liver transplant complications:
- Is liver transplantation covered by insurance in Mumbai?
- What is the list of hospitals that approve insurance in Mumbai?
- Is it possible to make a cashless claim at a reputable hospital in Mumbai?
- Claims for Reimbursement Outside of Mumbai's Empanelled Hospitals?
Is Liver Transplant covered under Medical Insurance?
Yes, a liver transplant is covered by insurance. Contact HexaHeath at 88606 88606 to find out if you have Liver Transplant coverage.
List of Medical Insurance Companies for Liver Transplant
Many medical insurance companies in Mumbai offer health insurance coverage that may include liver transplantation. The following are some of the top insurance companies in Mumbai that provide such plans:
|Insurance Name||Liver Transplant|
Star Health Insurance
HDFC Ergo Health Insurance
Aditya Birla Health Insurance
Care Health Insurance
Insurance Network Hospitals in Mumbai for Liver Transplant
The following is a list of all Mumbai hospitals that have been authorised by medical insurance companies for liver transplants.
|SRCC Children's Hospital||1, 1A, Keshavrao Khadye Marg, Haji Ali, Government Colony, Mahalakshmi, Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400034|
|Nanavati Max Superspeciality Hospital||Swami Vivekananda Road, Near LIC, LIC Colony, Suresh Colony, Vile Parle West, Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400056|
|SL Raheja - Fortis||Raheja Rugnalaya Marg, Mahim West, Mahim, Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400016|
|Lilavati Hospital And Research Centre||A-791, Bandra Reclamation Rd, General Arunkumar Vaidya Nagar, Bandra West, Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400050|
Cashless Claim Process for Liver Transplant in Mumbai
Our specialists at HexaHealth in Mumbai assist you in completing the cashless claim procedure for Liver Transplant as swiftly as possible. For more information on the processes and requirements for making a cashless claim for a Liver Transplant, please call #91 88606 88606.
- Obtain cashless insurance pre-approval.
- There should be no paperwork on your end.
- Claims are handled swiftly and without difficulty.
Reimbursement Claim for Liver Transplant
Individuals with health insurance can use the cashless claim method for Liver Transplants to acquire medical care without having to pay beforehand and then seek reimbursement from their insurance company.
It is critical to keep in mind that the specifics of the cashless claim procedure may vary depending on your insurance carrier and the hospital where you seek treatment.
Please check your insurance or contact us at #91 88606 88606 for further information on the steps and requirements for filing a cashless claim for a Liver Transplant. You may also contact us at email@example.com for immediate assistance.
Medical Loan for Liver Transplant in Mumbai
A medical loan for Liver Transplant in Mumbai is a sort of personal loan that may be used to cover the costs of a Liver Transplant procedure.
Even with a decent premium insurance plan, not everyone in Mumbai can afford a major, respected hospital for a liver transplant. To relieve your worries, apply immediately for a medical loan for Liver Transplant in Mumbai with simple and flexible EMIs.
The best professionals at HexaHealth are ready to help you receive simple, hassle-free medical emergency loans so you can tackle the challenges of a liver transplant.
If you reside in Mumbai and do not have health insurance, you can apply for a medical loan through one of the organisations listed below:
- Acceptance occurs immediately.
- There is no requirement for collateral, no processing charge, and no interest.
- EMIs are simple and adaptable.
Liver Transplant Cost from Expert Doctors
Get free quotes on possible lowest cost of Liver Transplant from HexaHealth’s expert doctors.
Liver Transplant Cost from NABH Accredited Hospitals
Get an average cost of Liver Transplant from the trusted hospitals here. Compare the lowest Liver Transplant cost from the top hospitals and know the treatment cost breakup and expenses details. Book online appointments.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does a Liver Transplant cost in India?
What is the minimum cost of liver transplant in India?
What is the average Liver Transplant cost in India?
What is the maximum Liver Transplant cost in India?
What is the Liver Transplant cost from trusted Hospitals in India?
Liver Transplant costs in India can vary depending on several factors, such as the location of the hospital, the type of transplant being performed, and the experience and qualifications of the medical team.
However, in general, the cost of a liver transplant in India can range from around typically costs around ₹ 22,50,000.
Who are the expert top surgeons in India for Liver Transplants?
The following are some of the best surgeons in India empanelled with HexaHealth who have their expertise in Liver Transplant care. These expert doctors seek to provide high-quality Liver Transplant practices at an affordable price:
- Dr Sanjay Goja, Narayana Super Specialty Hospital, Gurugram Experience: 27 Years Highlights: First Surgeon in India to perform Robotic Liver Removal Surgery in 2015. Completed more than 2500+ Liver Transplants
- Dr K R Vasudevan, Jaypee Hospital, Noida Experience: 25 Years Highlights: Completed over 1500 Liver Transplants in adults and children. Donor Success Rate - 99.5 %
- Dr Subhash Gupta, Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket Experience: 36 Years Highlights: More than 3000 Liver Transplants done
- Dr (Prof.) Naimish N Mehta, Lilavati Hospital And Research Centre, Mumbai Experience: 26 Years Highlights: Performed over 1200 Liver Transplant Surgeries. Conducted successful Liver Transplantation in a minor weighing child at 4.5 kg
- Dr Giriraj Bora, Artemis Hospital, Gurugram Experience: 22 Years Highlights: Credited with both the 1st Living donor & 1st Deceased Donor Liver Transplants in the state of Rajasthan
- Dr Abhideep Chaudhary, BLK-Max Super Speciality Hospital, Delhi Experience: 22 Years Highlights: More than 1500 Liver Transplants done
- Dr Shailendra Lalwani, Manipal Hospital, Dwarka Experience: 21 Years Highlights: Expertise in all kinds of complex Liver Transplant Surgeries
- Dr Ravinder Pal Singh, Saroj Super Speciality Hospital, Delhi Experience: 22 Years Highlights: Actively involved in establishing and successfully starting Liver Transplant programs at four medical institutes in India
- Dr Ankur Garg, Metro Hospital and Heart Institute, Noida Experience: 20 Years Highlights: More than 1500 Liver Transplants & Complex Liver Surgeries done
- Dr Chirag Desai, Apollo Hospital City Centre, Ahmedabad Experience: 25 Years Highlights: More than 2500 Liver Transplants done
Does insurance cover the cost of liver transplant in India?
Many private health insurance providers cover liver transplants. Different insurance policies cover various sorts of expenditures. According to the sum covered, all personal health insurance policies give the liver transplant patient a range.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91 88606 88606 for effortless insurance coverage for Liver Transplants in any part of India.
What is the cost of liver transplant in India covered under insurance?
In India, the price of a liver transplant varies depending on several factors, ranging between ₹ 15,00,000 to ₹30,00,000:
- The minimum liver transplant cost in India is ₹ 15,00,000.
- The average liver transplant cost in India is around ₹ 2,25,000.
- Maximum liver transplant in India goes up to ₹ 30,00,000.
How to apply for a personal loan in India for a Liver Transplant?
To apply for a personal loan for Liver Transplant in India, follow these steps:
- Before you begin the application, double-check your eligibility.
- Apply after providing the essential personal, professional, and financial information.
- Scan and submit any paperwork that is requested.
- Professionals validate the submitted forms and documents.
The loan will be sanctioned once it has been validated, and the loan funds will appear in your account within a few days.
What documents are required in India for a Liver Transplant loan?
To apply for a Liver Transplant loan in India, submission of the following documents is required:
- Ration cards, utility bills, electricity bills, passports, and voter identification cards can all be used to prove your address.
- Acceptable forms of identification include a PAN card, valid driver's licence, birth certificate, passport, and Aadhaar card.
- Document of Employment certifying one year of continuous employment for a salaried professional.
- Income/Salary Proof: A recent six-month bank account statement for salaried professionals, and a recent three-month stub for self-employed professionals.
Please email email@example.com or phone +91 88606 88606.
How long does it take to get a Liver Transplant loan approved in India?
Getting a loan for a Liver transplant might be difficult, especially if the patient urgently needs the transplant. Loan approval can take anywhere from a few hours to some days, depending on the lender and the borrower's financial and personal details.
Many additional elements influence loan acceptance and disbursement; calling HexaHealth might result in assistance in as little as 5 minutes.
How much personal loan can you get for a Liver Transplant in India?
How much does liver transplant cost in India?
What is the liver transplant cost in AIIMS?
How much is the Ilbs liver transplant cost?
How much is the Medanta liver transplant cost?
Get Cost Estimate for Liver Transplant
Liver Transplant Cost in Different Cities in India
- Liver Transplant Cost in Ahmedabad
- Liver Transplant Cost in Bengaluru
- Liver Transplant Cost in Bhubaneswar
- Liver Transplant Cost in Chandigarh
- Liver Transplant Cost in Chennai
- Liver Transplant Cost in Delhi
- Liver Transplant Cost in Faridabad
- Liver Transplant Cost in Ghaziabad
- Liver Transplant Cost in Greater Noida
- Liver Transplant Cost in Gurgaon
- Liver Transplant Cost in Guwahati
- Liver Transplant Cost in Hyderabad
- Liver Transplant Cost in Indore
- Liver Transplant Cost in Jaipur
- Liver Transplant Cost in Kanpur
- Liver Transplant Cost in Kolkata
- Liver Transplant Cost in Lucknow
- Liver Transplant Cost in Mumbai
- Liver Transplant Cost in Mysore
- Liver Transplant Cost in Nagpur
- Liver Transplant Cost in Navi Mumbai
- Liver Transplant Cost in Noida
- Liver Transplant Cost in Patna
- Liver Transplant Cost in Pune
- Liver Transplant Cost in Rajkot
- Liver Transplant Cost in Surat
- Liver Transplant Cost in Thane
- Liver Transplant Cost in Vadodara
Cost of other treatments in India
- Whipples Procedure Cost in India
- Tummy Tuck Surgery Cost in India
- Liver Biopsy Cost in India
- Liver Transplant in Adults Cost in India
- Deceased Donor Liver Transplant Cost in India
- Living Donor Liver Transplantation Cost in India
- Orthotopic Liver Transplant Cost in India
- Liver Cancer Treatment Cost in India
- Transarterial Chemoembolization Cost in India
- TIPS Cost in India
- Robotic Liver Transplant Cost in India
- Laparoscopic Liver Transplant Cost in India
- Ascites Tapping Cost in India
- TARE Procedure Cost in India
- Hepatic Vein Stenting Cost in India