You can check Vaginoplasty Cost here.
Who usually gets this procedure done:
- Postmenopausal (the period of time after a woman has not bled for an entire year) women
- Postpartum (time after childbirth) women
Expected Outcome: Enhanced sexual gratification
Surgery is done to remove a wedge-shaped piece of tissue from inside the vagina and then draw the incisions tightly together with a suture to narrow the vaginal canal. The procedure is usually done under general anaesthesia. The procedure may take 2- 3 hours. Bandages and catheters are in place for 4 days, following which postoperative recovery starts. Typically last a lifetime unless a new vaginal delivery reverses its effect.
- Radiofrequency: Certain frequency waves are focused to heat the tissue which causes tightening of the vaginal skin.
- CO2 Laser: The laser heats the upper layers of tissues causing lower layers to make more collagen. This makes the skin firmer and tighter.
The procedure usually does not require anaesthesia. Typically does not require any recovery time. Wait for 2-3 days before having sexual intercourse. The effects may not be permanent.
It is important to note that all these procedures are not adequately tracked and evaluated for their efficacy and safety. Talk to your doctor to better understand if vaginal tightening is suitable for you or not.
Risks & Complications
Possible risks include:
- Scarring of the vaginal mucosa
- Increase in dyspareunia
- Decrease in lubrication