Table of Contents
The Ayushman Bharat card vs Health ID card can often be confusing to people. Both are initiatives of the Indian government. It aims to provide better access to healthcare services.
Ayushman Bharat card and Health ID card use the Aadhaar number for identification and verification. But each one has its own purpose. Let’s find out their differences from the blog.
Download our App today to plan your surgery seamlessly and stress-free!
About Ayushman Bharat Card
The Ayushman Bharat (Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana) card is issued by the Indian government. It provides financial protection by covering the medical expenses of economically vulnerable families. The beneficiaries are identified based on Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) data.
The cardholders can access cashless secondary and tertiary healthcare services at empanelled hospitals. The Ayushman Bharat scheme aims to cover over ten crore poor and vulnerable families. It provides free healthcare services up to Rs 5 lakhs rupees per year to each family.
About ABHA Health ID Card
ABHA full form is Ayushman Bharat Health Account, previously known as Health ID. It is a 14-digit unique identification number linked to the Aadhaar card. The government of India issues it to help individuals access healthcare benefits and store their medical information digitally in one place.
Health ID is available to all citizens, unlike the Ayushman Bharat card. ABHA health card benefits users by letting them enjoy healthcare services, including registration, appointment scheduling with a doctor, and storing electronic medical records.
The Health ID card can also be linked to multiple health schemes and insurance plans, providing various benefits. Therefore, a Health ID card is a one-stop identification for all healthcare-related activities. It makes it easier for individuals to access and manage their overall wellness.
Ayushman Bharat Card vs Health ID (ABHA)
Health ID can be linked to various health schemes and insurance plans. Simple access to medical records like lab reports, prescriptions and diagnoses is made possible by ABHA Health ID card.
Ayushman Bharat card, on the other hand, is an e-card that aims to provide cashless healthcare services to economically vulnerable families.
Let's know the difference between Ayushman Bharat Card and Health ID.
|Parameters||Ayushman Bharat Card||Health ID|
Cashless healthcare to the beneficiaries
|Access and share health records digitally|
|Identified by SECC||Available to all citizens|
|Benefits||Free critical healthcare treatment||Creates a unique identity within the healthcare|
Up to Rs.5 lakh per family per year
|Unlimited storage of medical reports|
|Income group||Low-income group||Everyone included|
|Mandatory for the beneficiaries||Voluntary|
Benefits of Ayushman Bharat Card
All families identified in the SECC database meet the Ayushman Bharat Yojana criteria. The recipients are eligible for free, cashless, and paperless medical care at hospitals under this scheme. The benefits of the Ayushman Bharat card are:
- The Ayushman Bharat card assists economically challenged people in accessing healthcare services.
- The annual coverage offered by the Ayushman Bharat card is up to INR 5 lakh per year for every family.
- Secondary and tertiary healthcare services are included in the scheme.
- It covers three days of pre-hospitalization and fifteen days of post-hospitalization costs.
- Around 1400 medical procedures are funded by the government.
Benefits of Health ID Card
In recent years, the healthcare industry has rapidly gone digital. As a result, medical information may be saved, accessed, and evaluated more quickly. ABHA health card benefits are as follows:
- Unique and trustable identity: It establishes a unique identity across different healthcare providers within the healthcare ecosystem.
- Unified benefits: It links all healthcare benefits, from public health programmes to insurance schemes, with your unique ABHA number.
- You may view your medical information, including tests, medication prescriptions, etc., using a few simple steps.
- With the Health ID card, patients can provide their medical records to the doctor while seeing a new physician. It will enable the doctor to fully understand the illnesses that are now present, their current treatments, medications, discharge summaries, tests and reports, etc.
- Additionally, AYUSH treatment institutions accept this card. Ayurveda, yoga, naturopathy, Unani, and homoeopathy are among the available treatments.
- Hassle-free access: ABHA card helps to make medical information more accessible by storing every medical document in one folder. Thereby avoiding the hassle of physically carrying complete medical records to the doctors on every visit. One can easily steer off the long lines for registration in healthcare facilities across the country.
- Easy PHR sign-up: It provides a seamless sign-up for PHR (Personal Health Records) applications such as the ABHA application for Health data sharing.
The difference between the Ayushman Bharat card and Health ID card is important to understand. The Ayushman Bharat scheme is a step toward improving the healthcare sector in India.
The Ayushman Bharat card can help economically disadvantaged sections access quality healthcare. On the other hand, a Health ID enables you to store all your personal health-related information digitally.
Visit HexaHealth to speak with a professional and learn more about the Ayushman Bharat card and ABHA ID card. Our experts will answer your questions and concerns with a smile.
|Ayushman Bharat Health Card Benefits||Ayushman Card Download|
|Ayushman Bharat Covered Disease List||Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Center - Portal Login|
|How to Use Ayushman Card in Hospital?|
Download our App today to plan your surgery seamlessly and stress-free!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Ayushman Bharat card vs Health ID card?
Ayushman Bharat card vs Health ID card (ABHA) have a minor difference. The distinctions are:
- People from a lower-income group can avail the Ayushman Bharat card, while a Health ID can be created by anyone from any income group.
- The beneficiaries of Ayushman Bharat former enjoy cashless treatment, while the Health ID helps digitally secure medical records on a single platform.
What is ABHA health card?
ABHA full form is Ayushman Bharat Health Account. ABHA Number is a 14-digit unique identification number. After registering, you will have an ABHA Health ID card.
It is a simple way to share and access your digital health records. ABHA health card benefits by permitting hassle-free communication between you and healthcare providers.
Is ABHA health card mandatory?
No, the ABHA health card is not mandatory yet. It is presently voluntary.
How does ABHA Health ID Card work for an individual?
ABHA Health ID Card is a 14-digit health identification number that is linked to the Aadhaar Card. The candidates can access the healthcare professional and share their medical reports digitally.
What are the ABHA health card benefits?
Can I cancel access to my health information once it has been granted?
Can I voluntarily delete my ABHA health card account?
All the articles on HexaHealth are supported by verified medically-recognized sources such as; peer-reviewed academic research papers, research institutions, and medical journals. Our medical reviewers also check references of the articles to prioritize accuracy and relevance. Refer to our detailed editorial policy for more information.