20 Minutes------ To ------
Rs 3000------ To ------
Book Appointment for Skin PRP
What is Skin PRP?
Platelet-rich plasma or PRP is a known method for enhancing skin conditions. People who are suffering from premature ageing of the skin, want to make the skin look more radiant or want to feel youthful opt for PRP for skin treatments. PRP also helps deal with acne and scars, so you can regain your confidence. The use of your own plasma and the addition of stem cells that are also collected from your body makes this process natural and effective.
What are the Benefits of Skin PRP?
- Reduced Fine lines and wrinkles.
- Pores appear to be smaller.
- Scars look better
- Less hyperpigmentation
Who needs Skin PRP?
- It stimulates elastin and collagen production that helps tighten your thinning skin and effectively smoothen fine lines and wrinkles.
- This treatment stimulates collagen that is effective in treating blemishes or scars seen after burns or acne heal.
- The stimulation of the keratinocytes and melanocytes helps deal with conditions like hyperpigmentation and makes the skin texture become better.
- It is best for people who suffer from acne or rosacea.
- The addition of stem cells catalyses and accelerates regeneration and is highly recommended where there are serious injuries to heal the scars from these traumatic injuries.
- It is extremely effective in treating delicate areas such as the under-eye, which indicates signs of ageing first.
- It is also recommended in case of stretch marks
How is Skin PRP Performed?
The step-by-step procedure for PRP for skin includes:
- Blood is taken from the patient.
- The blood sample taken is kept in a centrifuge, which will separate its different components.
- PRP is separated and obtained from the blood sample.
- The stem cells are extracted from the patient's fat tissue or bone marrow and are added to the PRP concentration.
- The stem cell-enriched PRP is injected into the affected area as the addition of stem cells catalyses and accelerates regeneration and is highly recommended where there are serious injuries.
- In a few cases, ultrasound will be used to improve precision.
What to Expect Before the Skin PRP?
The doctor will advise you to:
- Avoid aspirin, fish oil, and other NSAIDs, one week before surgery.
- Please don't take any alcoholic beverages as they will cause dehydration and increase the risk of bruising.
- Avoid caffeine and take a light diet before your surgery.
- Drink more than eight glasses of water to keep your skin hydrated before your surgery.
- Avoid makeup, glycolic acid and vitamin C supplements before surgery.
What is Recovery and Post Op. Care after Skin PRP?
- Avoid using makeup for a few days after the procedure.
- Do not touch the injection site except for gentle cleansing.
- After the procedure, don't take part in any strenuous exercise and avoid swimming.
- Avoid saunas, jacuzzis, or hot tubs for a few days.
- Do not expose yourself to icy or hot temperatures.
- After the PRP procedure is done, you will be prescribed skincare products for washing the injectable site for the first three days.
- Also, avoid cosmetic procedures such as chemical peel or laser treatment, after the procedure.
First follow-up appointment:
- Your first follow-up will be two weeks after the PRP procedure.
- The doctor will check the injecting site and give you further advice depending on your skin condition.
- Increase the quantity of water intake to keep your skin hydrated.
- Depending on your conditions, the doctor will advise you to start taking blood thinners if you have stopped taking them before your surgery and any other NSAIDs.
When to Consult a Doctor?
Consult a doctor immediately if you have the following symptoms on the site of injection after the PRP procedure:
- Redness or swelling
- Bruises that are prominent and haven't faded even after days of the procedure
- Blood clots
Updated on : Friday, 20 May 2022
HexaHealth Care Team
HexaHealth Care Team brings you medical content covering many important conditions, procedures falling under different medical specialities. The content published is thoroughly reviewed by our panel of qualified doctors for its accuracy and relevance.
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery,Cosmetology,Plastic Surgery
19 years experience Experience
33 years experience Experience
NABH Accredited Hospitals
Outer Ring Rd, Block A
Excellence in in General Surgery, Plastic Surgery
Lokmanya Tilak Rd
Excellence in in null
Book Appointment for Skin PRP
Latest Health Articles
Download HexaHealth App
Get free consultation with our expert doctors, store all your health records at one place and get real time updates of appointments, consultations & surgery.