Kidney transplant cost is mostly determined by the patient's medical condition and the type of transplant. It differs from place to city in India depending on various factors such as the type of hospital, the doctor's experience, etc. The operation, post-operative care, drugs, and follow-up appointments are often included in this fee.
A kidney transplant is a surgical procedure that replaces a damaged or diseased kidney with a healthy one donated by another person. It is typically recommended for those with kidney failure or illnesses that cannot be treated with conventional medications.
Kidney transplants can be done in a variety of ways. The most common procedures are deceased donor transplant and living donor transplant. Before deciding on the best strategy, include the patient's age, health, blood type, and tissue compatibility.
The mere prospect of a Kidney transplant, let alone the Kidney transplant surgery cost, can be overwhelming. Don't be alarmed! We are here to help you. Continue reading to find out how much a Kidney Transplant in India costs.
Get Cost Estimate for Kidney Transplant
How much Kidney Transplant costs?
Kidney Transplant cost in India starts from ₹400000. Usually, the cost of Kidney Transplant is different in various hospitals and centres depending upon multiple factors. The average cost of Kidney Transplant is ₹700000 while the price range can reach ₹1000000.
Kidney Transplant Cost Overview
|Surgery Name||Kidney Transplant|
About Kidney Transplant
A Kidney Transplant is a surgical method in which a healthy kidney is transplanted in patients suffering from an end-stage renal disease wit... Read More
Why Does Kidney Transplant Cost Vary?
Several factors influence the price of kidney transplants in India. Following is the list of cost-influencing factors.
- Consultation Cost: A highly talented surgeon may demand a larger consultation fee than a less capable surgeon.
- Admission fee: It varies according to the location and type of hospital.
- Type of facility/hospital: A private hospital may charge more than a kidney transplant cost in a government hospital.
- Location or City: The cost of a hospital in a large city will be higher than in a small one.
- Patient's medical condition: A patient with more kidney damage may require a longer hospital stay, costing greater costs and significant treatment.
- Patient age: Older recipients may face some additional challenges with recovery after transplant, such as an increased risk of complications and a slower recovery time.
- Diagnostic Tests: If the patient requires a kidney transplant, numerous diagnostic tests are performed before the transplant. It may include a variety of diagnostic tests, such as blood tests, imaging studies, and biopsies, which can add to the overall cost of the transplant. After transplant, the recipient will need to undergo regular monitoring, including blood tests and imaging studies, to ensure that the transplant is functioning properly and to monitor for any signs of rejection or other complications.
- Type of the procedure involved (Deceased or Living Kidney Transplant): Living donor transplants can be more expensive due to the additional costs associated with the evaluation of the living donor and the procurement of the kidney, as well as the costs of caring for both the donor and the recipient during the transplant process.
- Screening tests for donors: The cost of a Kidney transplant will largely depend on the tests the donor has to undergo before the procedure. These may include blood tests, imaging tests like MRI, and psychological evaluation to assess the donor's mental and emotional readiness for the procedure.
- Type of room chosen: Kidney Transplant charges will be higher for a private room with better facilities for the donor and the patient.
- Post-operative medications: To prepare the body to accept a foreign organ, long-term treatments such as anti-rejection medications may also affect the price of kidney transplants in India.
Kidney Transplant Cost Breakup in India
The cost of a kidney transplant in India might vary based on the other expenditures that must be addressed, such as pre-transplant examination, post-transplant care, and prescription costs. The table below breaks down the costs of Kidney Transplant tests and other fees.
|Kidney Transplant Expenses||Cost Breakup (INR)|
|Doctor Consultation Fee||₹ 600|
|Procedure Cost||₹ 1,50,000|
|Surgeon Fees||₹ 1,50,000|
|Anaesthetist Fees||₹ 80,000|
Diagnostic and Lab Tests
|OT charges||₹ 5,000|
|Medicine Cost||₹ 20,000|
Depending on the number of days
₹ 2,000 per day
₹ 2,000 per day
|Follow up||₹ 1,500|
Pre-Transplant workup costs 1 - 1.5 lacs
Package cost for Surgery and Hospital stay for both donor and recipient is around 5-8 lacs
List of Kidney Transplant Costs in India (City wise)
The cost of a kidney transplant in India varies depending on the city. The availability of medical facilities and cutting-edge treatment options in various locations determines the cost of a kidney transplant procedure.
For the best medical treatment, large cities have a variety of hospitals to select from. Check out the city-by-city list below to get an idea of how much a Kidney Transplant costs in various Indian cities.
|City Name||Min & Max Cost||Average Price|
|Delhi||₹ 4,30,000 - ₹ 7,80,000||₹ 6,05,000|
|Bengaluru||₹ 4,50,000 - ₹ 8,00,000||₹ 6,25,000|
|Gurugram||₹ 4,10,000 - ₹ 7,60,000||₹ 5,85,000|
|Mumbai||₹ 4,50,000 - ₹ 8,00,000||₹ 6,25,000|
Insurance for Kidney Transplant in India
Government health insurance programmes in India, such as Ayushman Bharat - Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY), popularly known as "Modicare," cover kidney transplant surgery costs at accredited institutions. This plan covers the treatment of various severe conditions, including kidney transplants. However, the extent and list of accredited hospitals vary per state.
It is advisable to consult with your insurance company and the hospital ahead of time to understand the coverage and expenditures covered by your insurance.
HexaHealth offers exceptional and trusted services for handling cashless medical claims and financing the cost of a kidney transplant. Contact our top consultants to assist you in providing the most accessible and practical solutions throughout India.
The following are some often-asked questions while dealing with concerns related to a kidney transplant:
- Does Indian health insurance cover a kidney transplant?
- What is the list of hospitals in India that accept insurance?
- Is there a cashless claim mechanism at recognised hospitals in India?
- Reimbursement Claims made outside of India's Empanelled Hospitals?
Is Kidney Transplant covered under Medical Insurance?
Yes, insurance will cover a kidney transplant. To discover whether you have Kidney Transplant coverage, call HexaHeath at 88606 88606.
List of Medical Insurance Companies for Kidney Transplant
Many Indian medical insurance companies provide health plans that may cover kidney transplants. Among the major insurance companies in India that provide such plans are:
|Insurance Name||Kidney Transplant|
Insurance Network Hospitals in India for Kidney Transplant
The following is a list of all hospitals in India that medical insurance companies have accredited for kidney transplant:
|Narayana Superspeciality Hospital||Gurugram||Plot 3201, Block - V DLF Phase - III, Nathupur, Sector 24, Gurugram, Haryana - 122002|
|Max Smart Super Speciality Hospital, Saket||Delhi||Press Enclave Marg, Saket District Centre, Saket, Delhi, Delhi - 110017|
|Apollo Hospital City Centre||Ahmedabad||No.1, Tulsi Baugh Society Opp. Doctor House, near Parimal Garden, Ambawadi, Ahmedabad, Gujarat - 380006|
|Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital||Delhi||Metro Station, Dharamshila Marg, Vasundhara Enclave Near Ashok Nagar, Dallupura, Delhi, Delhi - 110096|
|Artemis Hospital||Gurugram||J- Block, Near, Mayfield Garden, Sector 51, Gurugram, Haryana - 122001|
|Jaypee Hospital||Noida||Jaypee Hospital Road, Goberdhanpur, Sector 128, Noida, Uttar Pradesh - 201304|
|Manipal Hospital||Gurugram||Gol Chakkar, Carterpuri Rd, Block F, Palam Vihar, Gurugram, Haryana - 122017|
|NH Rabindranath Tagore International Institute Of Cardiac Sciences||Kolkata||Premises No 1489, Mukundapur Main Road, 124, Eastern Metropolitan Bypass, Mukundapur, Kolkata, West Bengal - 700099|
|Metro Heart Hospital with Multispeciality||Faridabad||Sector 16 Rd, Nirman Kunj, ADB PWD Colony, Sector 16A, Faridabad, Haryana - 121002|
|Manipal Hospital, Jayanagar||Bengaluru||Central Mall 45/1, 45th Cross Road, Jayanagara 9th Block, Jayanagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka - 560069|
|Mazumdar Shaw Medical Center||Bengaluru||Anekal, 258/A, Hosur Rd, Bommasandra Industrial Area, Bengaluru, Karnataka - 560099|
|Indraprastha Apollo Hospital||Delhi||Delhi Mathura Road, Sarita Vihar, Delhi, Delhi - 110076|
Cashless Claim Process for Kidney Transplant in India
HexaHealth specialists are accessible throughout India to help you complete the cashless claim procedure for Kidney Transplants.
Please check your insurance or call us at #91 88606 88606 for further information on the processes and requirements for filing a cashless claim for a Kidney Transplant.
- Obtain pre-approval for cashless insurance.
- On your end, there should be no paperwork.
- Claims are settled quickly and painlessly.
Reimbursement Claim for Kidney Transplant
Individuals with health insurance can use the cashless claim method for Kidney Transplants to acquire medical care without having to pay beforehand and then seek reimbursement from their insurance company.
It is critical to keep in mind that the specifics of the cashless claim procedure may vary depending on your insurance carrier and the hospital where you seek treatment.
For further information on the procedures and requirements for submitting a cashless claim for a kidney transplant surgery cost, please call us at #91 88606 88606. You can also reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain answers as soon as possible.
Medical Loan for Kidney Transplant in India
A medical loan for Kidney Transplant in India is a type of personal loan that may be used to cover the costs of a Kidney Transplant treatment. Even with a good premium insurance plan, not everyone in India can afford a Kidney Transplant at a large, reputable hospital.
Apply today for a medical loan for Kidney Transplant surgery cost in India with simple and flexible EMIs to alleviate your anxieties. HexaHealth's top experts are ready to assist you receive simple, hassle-free medical emergency loans so you can deal with the challenges of kidney transplant.
If you live in India and do not have health insurance, you can apply for a medical loan with the following:
- Instant approval
- 0 Processing Fee
- No Collateral
- 0% Interest
- Flexible & Easy EMIs
Kidney Transplant Cost from Expert Doctors
Get free quotes on possible lowest cost of Kidney Transplant from HexaHealth’s expert doctors.
Kidney Transplant Cost from NABH Accredited Hospitals
Get an average cost of Kidney Transplant from the trusted hospitals here. Compare the lowest Kidney Transplant cost from the top hospitals and know the treatment cost breakup and expenses details. Book online appointments.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does a Kidney Transplant cost in India?
What is the minimum price of kidney transplant in India?
What is the average cost of Kidney Transplant in India?
What is the maximum Kidney Transplant cost in India?
What is the Kidney Transplant cost from trusted Hospitals in India?
The cost of a kidney transplant in India might vary based on a number of factors, including the hospital's location, the kind of transplant done, and the surgeon's expertise and qualifications.
However, on average, the cost of a kidney transplant in India might range from roughly ₹ 6,25,000.
Who are the expert top surgeons in India for Kidney Transplants?
Some of the top surgeons in India have been appointed by HexaHealth and have experience in Kidney Transplant treatment. These skilled doctors strive to deliver high-quality Kidney Transplant services at a reasonable cost:
- Dr. Sudeep Singh Sachdev, Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Gurugram
- Dr Dinesh Khullar, Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket
- Dr. Anant Kumar, Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket
- Dr. Prashanth M Kulkarni, Mazumdar Shah Medical Center, Bengaluru
- Dr. Sandeep Harkar, Artemis Hospital, Gurugram
- Dr. Pratik Das, NH Rabindranath Tagore International Institute Of Cardiac Sciences, Kolkata
- Dr Sandeep Guleria, IP Apollo Hospital, Delhi
- Dr. Amit Tiwari, Manipal Hospital, Gurugram
- Dr. Mahendra Jain, Manipal Jayanagar
- Dr. Lakshmi Kant Jha, Dharamshila Narayana
Does insurance cover the kidney transplant surgery cost in India?
Many private health insurance carriers cover kidney transplant surgery cost. Different insurance policies cover different types of costs. All personal health insurance policies provide a range to kidney transplant patients based on the sum covered.
Reach out to us at email@example.com or +91 88606 88606 for simple insurance coverage for Kidney Transplant in India.
What is the price of kidney transplant in India covered under insurance?
Kidney transplant surgery cost in India varies based on numerous criteria, ranging from ₹4,50,000 to ₹8,00,000:
- In India, the minimal cost of a kidney transplant is ₹4,50,000.
- In India, the average cost of a kidney transplant is roughly ₹6,25,000.
- The maximum amount for a kidney transplant surgery cost in India is ₹8,00,000.
How to apply for a personal loan in India for a Kidney Transplant?
Follow these steps to apply for a personal loan for Kidney Transplant in India:
- Check your eligibility before beginning the application.
- Apply after supplying the necessary personal, professional, and financial information.
- Scan and submit any needed papers.
- Professionals validate forms and papers.
- Once authenticated, the loan will be sanctioned, and the loan amounts will be added to your account within a few days.
What documents are required in India for a Kidney Transplant loan?
To apply for a Kidney Transplant loan in India, you must provide the following documents:
- You can use ration cards, electricity bills, passports, and voter identity cards to establish your address.
- PAN cards, valid driver's licences, birth certificates, passports, and Aadhaar cards are all acceptable forms of identity.
- Document of Employment attesting to a paid professional's one year of continuous employment.
- Proof of Income/Salary: For salaried professionals, a recent six-month bank account statement, and for self-employed professionals, a recent three-month stub.
How long does it take to get a Kidney Transplant loan approved in India?
The time it takes to get a kidney transplant loan approved in India can vary depending on several factors such as the type of loan, the lender, and the individual's financial and medical situation.
On average, the approval process can take several weeks to several months. However, with HexaHealth’s assistance, it might be possible in as little as 5 minutes.
How much personal loan can you get for a Kidney Transplant in India?
The amount of personal loan you can get for a kidney transplant in India depends on several factors such as your credit score, income, loan repayment capacity, and other liabilities.
It's best to check with different lenders to compare the loan amount and terms they offer with HexaHealth, which provides flexible and hassle-free EMIs and 0% interest for any surgery, including a kidney transplant.
What is the Kidney transplant cost in Medanta?
Kidney transplant costs in Medanta Hospital can vary depending on various factors such as the type of transplant, the patient's medical condition, and other associated costs such as pre-operative tests and post-operative care.
On average, a kidney transplant at Medanta can cost anywhere between ₹7,00,000 to ₹10,00,000.
How much is the Apollo kidney transplant cost?
What is the success rate of kidney transplant in India?
The success rate of kidney transplants in India varies but is generally estimated to be around 80-85%. This is based on factors such as patient health, availability of suitable donors, and post-operative care.
However, it is important to note that long-term success also depends on many other factors, such as patient compliance with medication and follow-up appointments.
Get Cost Estimate for Kidney Transplant
Kidney Transplant Cost in Different Cities in India
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Ahmedabad
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Bangalore
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Bhubaneswar
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Chandigarh
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Chennai
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Delhi
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Faridabad
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Ghaziabad
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Greater Noida
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Gurgaon
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Guwahati
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Hyderabad
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Indore
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Jaipur
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Kanpur
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Kolkata
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Lucknow
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Mumbai
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Mysore
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Nagpur
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Navi Mumbai
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Noida
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Patna
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Pune
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Rajkot
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Surat
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Thane
- Kidney Transplant Cost in Vadodara
Cost of other treatments in India
- TURP Cost in India
- Open Prostatectomy Cost in India
- Urethral Stricture Repair Cost in India
- TURBT Cost in India
- Laser Prostatectomy Cost in India
- PCNL Surgery Cost in India
- Diagnostic Cystoscopy Cost in India
- Ureteroscopy (URSL) Cost in India
- RIRS Cost in India
- ESWL Cost in India
- Penile Implant Cost in India
- Open Orchidectomy Cost in India
- Cystectomy Cost in India
- Dialysis Cost in India
- Nephrectomy Cost in India
- Vacuum Erection Device Cost in India
- Prostatectomy Cost in India
- Orchidectomy Cost in India
- Robot-Assisted Prostatectomy Cost in India
- Penis Enlargement Cost in India
- Open Partial Nephrectomy Cost in India
- Radical Nephrectomy Cost in India
- Robotic Partial Nephrectomy Cost in India
- What is Cystolitholapaxy? - Bladder Stone Removal Surgery, Procedure & Recovery Cost in India
- Open Cystolithotomy Cost in India
- Urethrotomy Cost in India
- Cystolithotripsy Cost in India
- Urethral Stent Placement Cost in India
- Penile Frenuloplasty Cost in India
- Penile Frenulectomy Cost in India